It is currently 17 Jan 2022, 02:28

Page 1 of 1 [ 2 posts ] 
 Post subject: Help with the Homework stories
PostPosted: 06 Sep 2014, 23:11 
Hungry Ghost

Hi,

I'm working on the Homework#3 and having a hard time determining if my stories are impactful enough or even interesting at all. I would really appreciate any input.

Thank you in advance!

Preselected by women:

A few months ago, i got the phone number of a girl at a dance spot i usually go to. we talked a few times before, so i wanted to invite her out and get to know her better. when i called her to try to set up a date, it usually took her at least two days to reply and when she did reply, she said she was busy. i though that was her way of politely saying that she was not interested, so i stopped contacting her. when i did that, every dance that i went to, I'd see her. when i danced or talked to friends, she would just stare at me. When I started avoiding her, she ambushed and tried to talk to me. Of course, i was polite but I never put any effort into the conversations. She did that for a few months. Finally, she got the message, and stopped bothering me. I have run into several girls like her. I wish relationships could be easier.

Keyword: relationship, girl, weird, bad dating, playing game.

Financial Status:

Because of my job, I hear a lot about election scandals. I pay attention to what hear. I have seen corrupt politicians and people in powerwho would go to great lengths to make elections go in their favor. Some politicians had hacker hack the system and give themselves more votes. They even had people falsify criminal records to make voters inegible to vote. They deleted voters from poll books. These are a few of the underhanded tatics that were used by some politicians. My company creates softwares to help state governments to monitor the election progress and make sure elections are conducted properly. Being an analyst for the company, i am able to see how things used to be, how they have improved with use of our software and how people appreciate the changes. It’s a pretty sweet gig.

Keyword: job, election, voter, balot, changes, scandal

Experienced Man:

(this is my backup story in case the main one is not interesting enough)

Until he started middle school, my younger brother still couldn't ride a bicycle and he was ready to give up on bicycles for good. One summer, I heard of the idea of learning skills by taking baby steps, I tried that approach to teach my brother to ride the bicycle. When we took our bikes to the neighborhood playground, I told him to just sit on the bike, push off with one foot, and let the bike roll for as far as possible. Once he could do that easily, I told him to pedal once and then let the bike roll. Again, after he could do that, I told him to pedal twice. At the end of the night, he was able to ride 50 feet before having to break. He was so excited and he couldn’t wait until the next practice. I was glad that my experiment turned out to be much more successful than I had expected.

Keyword: family, learning, teaching, inspiration, limits

Man of actions:

One time, I did a half marathon trail race with a team of 6 beginners. it was such a physical challenge that 4 people on our team could only walk, instead of running, by the time we finished mile 6. Another guy, Mike, and I had more experience and naturally we became the motivators of the group. He and I took turns walking back with the ones that fell too far behind to help them catch up. Can you imagine you are completely exhausted but still have 5 miles of trail left to go. Clearly,my teammates had reached at their limits and they were ready to give up at any time, but they didn't. The more we encouraged them, the harder they pushed themselves. It took us a long time to finish – 6 hours, but we did it as a team. I love doing things like this. Seeing people crushing their own mental and physical limits is exhilarating to me. I was there to help them, and to me there is no better feeling.

Keyword: running, physical challenge, team, limits, inspiration, hobbies.

Future/Ambitions:

(I have two stories but not sure which one is better)

Ever since I was little, I have always wanted to own my own business. When I was really small, my parents bought me a lot of comic books, so I rented them out to my friends. When I was in college, I started a blog teaching vietnamese high school students to write college application essays. A few years ago, I was working on an iPhone app. Unfortunately , most of my projects failed, but I love to find new things to do. The feeling of putting my all into something is very exciting.

Keyword: job, business, entrepreneur, hobby, inspiration, passion, projects

All career goals aside, my second biggest goal is to be a good role model for my brother. Growing up, we didn’t have a male role model to look up to, so it took me a while to find my direction. My brother and I fight a lot, and even though he won’t admit it, he does look up to me. He takes my advice most of the times, especially when he has to make big decisions. As I explore my world, I want to at least give my brother an example of who he can become in life. My biggest goal is to see how much I can achieve in life. Be it an adventure on the mountains, in the ocean, or a business opportunity, I want to see what I can do.

Keyword; family, brother, role model, inspiration, passion,

Post subject: Re: Help with the Homework stories
PostPosted: 15 Sep 2014, 09:34 
Warrior

Hey there,

Sorry for the late response and cheers to you for working through your homework! I think that we had a chance to chat about this, but I am just reading through your stories for the first time here on the forum. As I mentioned during our call, as long as you have some of the bare bones of the story written, we will go over them with you to help make them more impactful if need be. If you have any other specific questions feel free to reach out to katie@abcofattraction.com for the quickest response.

thanks
Katie

Page 1 of 1 [ 2 posts ]