My brain works in small actionable bullet points, so that will be the format of this review.
- Met JT and Mike. JT is alpha, 'nuff said. Mike is like a big brother to me. Not because we wore the same thing on the 3rd night, but because he's teaching me things, giving me tough love, and keeping my spirits up, all things that an older brother would do.
- We talked A/B. I've taken the bootcamp before, but the first time, there was so much information, I couldn't absorb it all. This second time, I definitely got a good feel for the first two parts.
- Went to Bruno's. I had a lot of energy, and had essentially no AA. I think I opened upwards of 25 sets. Here are the memorable ones:
- 1st set of the night, kickstarter. Didn't really hook, backs turned. Found out they were here for a birthday party. Departed with a "Pleasure to meet you."
- 2nd set, direct. Hooked. Did a high five, started talking about ambitions, what she does for work. Ejected early because the conversation was dying. Told her "pleasure to meet you."
- 3rd set, kickstarter. Semi-hooked. Found out she was with the birthday party too. I was like "WTF, where is this birthday girl." Got pointed to that direction and headed straight there.
- 4th set, "HEY ARE YOU THE BIRTHDAY GIRL, HAPPY FUCKING BIRTHDAY." High energy. Lots of high fives. "Aren't you miss popular tonight, every single person I talked to was like... 'i'm celebrating a friend's birthday! blah blah'".
- 5th set, dancing set. Opened with "I love your fucking energy, you're the only ones on the dance floor." "Let me borrow your hat." She said no. "Don't make me outdance you because I will." She gave me her hat, did a trick. She playfully said "that was so lame!" I was like "hey why you gotta be hating, I just met you." I would later run into this group several times to steal her hat again and have a mini dance off. Definitely had a connection with the girl, but didn't take it to C+D because I wasn't attracted to her, even though in retrospect I should have because it would've been good practice.
-6th set, at the bar with a girl side by side. "Hey, saw you walking by, had to say hello." <Ignored> "My name is gsxr, what is yours?" <name> "Where are you from?" <starts flirting with the bartender> "Pleasure to meet you."
-7th set, cute asian (I'm into asians.) Direct, "you're so fucking adorable, what's your name?" Solid connection. I really like girls like her, she's really genuine. Did a lot of BT, introduced myself to the guy friend, disarmed him by asking a lot of questions and being super friendly. She laughed at everything I said. JT pulls a stool over reminding me that I need to sit the fuck down, which I did. Ejected with "Hey gotta find my friends, let me take you out on a date." She said, "Oh I'm enjoying the single life." I'm like "Whatever, what's your phone number." I purposedly type in the wrong number. She corrected me, PASSED COMPLIANCE TEST! Asked her for her last name, "I'm not telling you that." Told her, "Fair, but I'm going to find out anyways." Said goodbye to her guy friend. Sent her a text later that night (screw the three day rule bullshit.) She called me on tuesday, saying sorry she was busy, laughed on the phone. Our logistics are fucked up as we're both leaving for Thanksgiving, but I'm getting a good vibe.
-8th set, Walking set, 2 girls one guy. Kino turned the girl, in the middle of my opener, guy jumps in, pushes me away. "She doesn't wanna talk to you." I really wanted to say "She's a big girl, I'm sure she can handle herself tough guy."
-Shout out to Tommy. Cool guy. Great advice during debrief. "entertaining"
- C/D. VIP at Cellar's. Venue was definitely harder than Bruno's. I don't have a loud voice, so I couldn't let my personality shine as easily.
- Was able to bring back about 4-5 sets.
- Think I opened up /every/ single fucking set. Minimal AA, but had trouble with bringing girls back.
- Only set I had AA in. Locked eyes with this really cute asian girl, she was talking with two guys. She looked dead on like my ex. Bad memories. Pussied out. Still kicking myself today.
- Confused about why girls didn't want to come back, Mike opens a two set. I talked with one girl. We talked about all comfort topics, travels, ambitions, why Vietnam is the shit, and what my necklace is (buddha). She was ice-cold at first, but DEFINITELY warmed up towards the end. Her friend wanted to leave so she left too. Didn't actively think about compliance tests, though I did get a couple of high fives. Never went into D.
- Got a two set back to the table. Girl seemed really into me. Asked me all kinds of questions, we talked ambitions, etc etc. She said she wanted to dance, but wanted to go to the bathroom first. I got played. I was pissed and frustrated at this point.
- Got a dancing set back to the table. Lead into comfort, got really close to kissing, but damnit I didn't pull the trigger. Ended up pushing her onto my lap. Got a pretty sweet lapdance before her friends pulled her away.
- Saw the group next to us trying to fist pump a fellow student with a girl on his lap. Tommy jumped right in to block them. My respect for Tommy went through the roof. I also found it extremely amusing that they were getting pissed because we had so many girls at our booth and even the waitress was like... "WTF is going on, did you guys pay them or something?"
- Debrief. JT was super disappointed in me. Given my success during the first night, seems like he expected more. I don't blame him, I was disappointed too, but I finally figured out what I did wrong.
This was my stack:
- "You are TALL and Gorgeous. I love you already. What's your name?" Then straight into ... "Where are you from?" And given how loud the place was, I couldn't adequately tell a story so girls didn't want to come back and conversations just die.
What I SHOULDVE done:
- Direct. BT Spike, moo moo cow handshake, etc. Banter. BT Spike. Excuse for isolation, "Hey I'm getting really thirsty..." Elephant walk. Comfort leading questions. Compliance test, get a good vibe. Then D.
DAY GAME WITH MIKE SMOOTH
- Haha, with seven of us, it seriously looked like an asian mafia.
- Mike is the man though, he explained everything and stayed patient with me despite my ridiculously GOOFY nature. He said I'm like "cody" from "step by step."
- I had AA. First set was the toughest, but after the first one, I was gunning for them.
- Approached a really cute white girl (usually not attracted to white girls), "saw you walking by, had to say hello." Ended up talking with her for 5 or so blocks. Should've stopped her and established dominance. Told her I wanted to take her out on a date, in retrospect shouldn't have been so forward and should've just say, "You seem really cool, let's hang out sometime."
- Approached a 3 set with "I Love you." Found out they were freshmen in high school. I knew those braces were there for a reason!
- Helped wing for a buddy. Jumped right in, said Hi and was like "I'm really craving some fucking ice cream right now." Ended up insta-dating two fobby japanese girls on an ice cream run, after a failed crepe run. Got numbers.
- Wow, tough crowd. Ratio was fucked at the beginning. Opened a lot of sets. Out of the 12 or so I did that night. 3 weren't flat out rejections. It was a loud club too, so I had the same problem as the 2nd night. Hardly any room to walk around (shoulder to shoulder crowded.)
- 1st set. 3 girls. Able to isolate girl I wanted by slowly body turning away from her friends. I think a fellow student was trying to wing for me, but I ended up body turning and accidentally AMOGGING him. Sorry bro!
- Apparently, I pissed off a mexican gangster for hitting on his "wife." He told me to watch my back. and to "Take care." Was a little shakened, because he looked dead serious and set in his ways. Ended up brushing it off and calling it a bluff.
- 2nd set. Tattoo'd girl. Opened her asking her about her sleeve and how long it took her to do it. Didn't establish enough dominance. Weak Kino.
- Helped AMOG some guy, who actually turned out to be an alumni of ABC's. Haha! Cool guy.
-DOMINANCE DOMINANCE DOMINANCE.
-Stronger eye contact.
-Need to take a voice class to work on my voice projection.
-Dance class because seriously... It's fun, there are women there, and I reallly SUCK.
-"Less stiffler, more James Bond." I need to slow down and keep my ADD in check! Thank you JT!
-"Stay positive." Thank you Mike! Like a rock in the ocean, no matter how many waves come at me, I stand strong!
-"Don't be an entertainer." Thank you Tommy!
I thoroughly enjoyed this bootcamp. Mike, JT, and Tommy were awesome instructors.