It is currently 15 Dec 2017, 20:30

Page 1 of 2 [ 16 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Post subject: Ron Ron's ABC Nightline New York Bootcamp June 2011 Review
PostPosted: 13 Jun 2011, 18:07 
Alumni

Hey guys,
I finally got back after an exhausting 3-day bootcamp in New York. This was one of the most nervous, and most fun weekends i have ever had, especially because there were cameras filming us at the club on the first night. Here are a few of the thoughts i had before i went to bootcamp, during bootcamp, and thoughts of when i graduated from bootcamp.

Before bootcamp, i was not bad with girls. I am 6'0 with a muscular build and a good looking guy in my opinion. Ive dated and slept with a lot (depends on your definition of the word) of girls but they were always asian. What i wanted was to be able to "taste the rainbow" because i also find non-asian girls to be very beautiful and sexy as well. However, i felt like i was just stuck in this asian circle and on top of that, i had some self-limiting beliefs that i placed on myself that i ASSUMED to be true. These self-limiting beliefs included "non-asian girls don't like asian guys" or "this beautiful non-asian girl wouldn't want to talk to me" and beliefs of that nature. These thoughts were very frustrating and kept me from actually going out to meet beautiful non-asian girls and thus i defaulted to staying within my comfort zone with asian women (not that i don't like asian women). I remember seeing and clicking on this link for abcsofattraction. At first, i was very skeptical of this whole PUA thing because i never really gotten into it and just thought it was just "wasting money". However, it was interesting enough where i wanted to find out what this was all about so i decided to call in. Surprisingly, i actually spoke with JT at the time and after an hour of me asking him every possible question i had, i got off the phone with a feeling of "hey, lets give this a shot". I felt like this could possibly change my life, but in the worst case scenario, leave me back at square 1 with less money in my pocket.

During bootcamp, it was extremely hectic and there was so much information to grasp. I remember going out the first night and having a HUGE knot in my stomach, to the point where i felt a little sick. (However, keep in mind that my approach anxiety before going into the bootcamp was around a 5 out of 10, but this was only with asian girls.) The difference was, this was the night that i would have to go out and use what i learned to go talk to girls that i always thought wouldn't even look twice at an asian man. Nevertheless, i told myself that if i was going to attend this bootcamp, to give it 110% and do whatever it took to achieve what i came to bootcamp for. I was so nervous and what do you think i did when i first got there? Of course..drink some vodka to try and calm my nerves. I started walking around and talking to girls with my kickstart. I could tell that some of the girls were giving me the "WTF" look but it was okay because i would eject out of the set. However, i still remember the first time i tried to use my canned opener, it was sooo bad and i got shot down by this blonde girl. I awkwardly walked away back to our table where i told Gareth and friends what happened. Gareth told me that it was ok and there were plenty of other girls out there and after a couple minutes, i went back out and started talking to girls again. *Fast forward an hour.* I came back to the table and i saw a classmate sitting with two blondes. He was on one side and Sara on the other. JT told me to go and talk to them so i started walking up towards them and had Sara introduce me to her "friends". It was a good idea for me to just walk there without hesitating because it didn't give my mind a chance to "think" about all the horrible things that could've happened. As soon as i sat down with the other girl, i just kept talking to her and i noticed that she was interested in what i had to say. It ended up to be such a great night for me, i took her all over the venue, danced with her, took pictures with her, had her arms around me. The girl i was with didn't want to talk to the other guys that tried to steal her away from me. This could've been either because of my witty comments, but most importantly i felt like she was genuinely interested in me and enjoyed being around me. It felt great and such a success and i was actually stoked for day 2!

Day 2 was also another busy day where i learned a lot of new things. When i went out that night, i remember telling myself that i wasn't even going to drink. I remember the first night Gareth told us "You guys are here to learn a new set of skills, not to party. Would you guys drink if you had to study, or learn how to play a guitar?". I know that alcohol lowers your inhibitions, so when i started that night, i could feel that my butterflys were coming back with approaching. It was just like going to the beach. What do you do when the water is cold? You could either just head back to your towel, or jump right in. That was exactly what i did. I went to the first group of girls and used my direct opener. I was amazed at how much success it had and it slowly started to build my confidence. I remember speaking to a lot of girls, but i remember the main thing was that i couldn't k-close. On the cab ride back to the hotel with Ozzie, he just grilled the sh!t out of me, but that was exactly what i needed. He made me realize why i wasn't able to k-close. I spoke to him in great lengths the whole night, going over each set that i did and he pointed out everything that i did incorrectly and/or things that i could've done better and i made it a point to change what i did for our 3rd night out. The main thing that happened for me this night was that i got over a lot of my approach anxiety BECAUSE i didn't drink at all and each set i opened, i had to deal with the anxiety. It got to a point where i didn't really care anymore. Was i nervous? Of course, but not really anymore and i didn't care. I got rejected a bunch of times this night and you know what? Life goes on...and that means on to some other beautiful girls!

Day 3 was even harder than the other two days. Not because of the information given, but because of how tired i was but i just pushed through it. This night was probably the best night of my life. I went out with the instructors, the coaches, and what was remaining of our "Fab 5" circle. I remember that Tommy pulled over two girls before we headed from our first venue to another club. I started talking to one of the girls and everything just went VERY smooth. Even when Tommy went back to find the other people we came with, i was there talking to these two beautiful girls and was able to get one very interested in me. Long story short, i finally got my K-close that i was working hard for and after that, all the stages from A-D just basically clicked into place and i knew for the first time what i was doing and it started to make more sense. I was able to tell when she was interested in me and everything! When the girls went to the bathroom, i went to talk to JT and he was soo happy for me! Did i get yelled at a couple times during the course of 3 nights? Hell yea i did..but it is all out of love and in the interest of him trying to make me a better person. When we had to leave the club later, i could tell that the girl didn't want me to go, but it was getting late and i was tired. She kissed me a couple times before i left and i told her that i'll call her to hang out later on during the week. My most memorable thing was when we left, Tommy just looked at me and said "Wow...you were soooo smooth tonight" regarding some of the things i did. It was just a great feeling to have the support of the instructors and coaches especially since they saw me achieve something that i never thought possible...a kiss from my first non-asian girl!

After bootcamp, i realized a lot of the self-limiting beliefs i placed upon myself were just created by...me. What bootcamp did for me was teach me certain skills, but most importantly push me outside of my comfort zone and made me realize that my self-limiting beliefs were absolutely ridiculous. I realized that bootcamp is not a quick-fix. What you put into your bootcamp experience, is exactly what you'll get out of it. I was the person in class to always ask questions whenever i was confused or needed clarification. I spoke with the coaches for hours on things that i was confused about and it all payed off because i was able to understand everything by the end. I was glad that i took the leap of faith and put my weekend in the hands of the ABC instructors and coaches. I feel like i came out of this experience a new person and i am very excited to go out again next weekend and see what the night holds for me! Am i still nervous? Of course...but its nothing that i can't push past. I already got through the hard part...and now its just time to work on and perfect what i have learned.

Dang...i definitely rambled on for a long time. HAHA. Anyway, i'll keep you guys posted on whats next!

Post subject: Re: RonChi. NY Bootcamp June 2011. My Story!
PostPosted: 14 Jun 2011, 00:14 
Alumni

Bootcamp Graduate: YES (BC: June 2011 in Los Angeles)
Congrats and welcome to the Alumni!

I hope you were able to befriend your classmates as much as I did and if you're fortunate enough to have some who live nearby, then you've got some wingmen to call on!

Best of luck!

WRITING YOUR OWN JOKES MADE EASY

LR #1 (penis puppet story)

THE JESTER'S BLOG

PostPosted: 14 Jun 2011, 04:50 
Hungry Ghost

RonChi! It was awesome to meet you on bootcamp. I'm looking forward to more stories of how it's all going - I know the ladies are gonna love you!

PostPosted: 14 Jun 2011, 05:50 
Alumni

Bootcamp Graduate: BCSydneyNov2011
Wow that was awesome, Ronchi! It gets me a lot more pumped up for the Sydney bootcamp I'm taking next year. Granted I'm not good with girls (of ANY ethnicity), but I'm taking this year to improve my overall social skills, do the pre-bootcamp assignments (did you do the assignments for bootcamp?), and the study materials (which I never heard of before except for "The Game" by Neil Strauss).

You're definitely one of the role model graduates I aspire to be when I graduate. Best of luck on your future endeavors and hope you get more than a kiss close soon, if you catch my drift! ^^

PostPosted: 14 Jun 2011, 08:57 
Alumni

Jester: Thanks! I have definitely befriended a lot of my classmates. It was great because these are genuinely great guys that i would never have met otherwise had it not been for bootcamp. I really like the comraderie that we share and how all they want to do is help see you succeed. I actually made my first call to a girl i met on saturday last night and i ran lines with one of my classmates until i worked out the kinks and delivered it well! They were all very excited to know how it went afterwards as well and i remember during bootcamp, we all shared techniques that we had that would benefit everyone.

Big D: It was definitely nice to meet you. I know you live close to us and me and a couple people from our bootcamp are going out this friday/saturday. You should definitely come out with us and we are gonna do some damage! HAHA. Don't be shy and use that british accent to your advantage! =)

Raigon: Hey man, you should TOTALLY be pumped for Sydney bootcamp! When you mean you aren't good with girls, do you mean that you aren't able to hold a conversation with a girl? Or that you are very shy when approaching girls? Or all of the above? I think that if you're shy, you should try and start small. When you're walking around, just smile and say "Hi" to 3 random people a day. Then keep building up the number until you're fine with it. Regarding the pre-bootcamp assignments, i recommend that you do them, especially since it might take you some time to do HW #3 depending on how much stuff has happened to you throughout your life. I didn't get to read the study materials because i didn't have enough time. But if you do, definitely try and grasp something from them. Thank you for the compliment! I definitely want to be a role model for my fellow yellows and feel that i can empower others to realize that WE DESERVE to be with beautiful women and THEY are lucky to be with US. I did catch your drift too haha, if you have any questions, don't hesitate to message or reply to my post =).

Spread That Positivity! Cheers!

PostPosted: 14 Jun 2011, 13:28 
Warrior Scholar

Bootcamp Graduate: YES (BC: Chicago Jan 2011)
Hey RonChi, it was seriously awesome getting to know you on FB and hearing about your BC experience. Thanks for posting FR's and writing a review. You sound like you had an amazing time at bootcamp and I'm incredibly excited to hear about your success in the future. Looking forward to your next lay report, keep up the energy and HAVE FUN!!! :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

PostPosted: 14 Jun 2011, 14:40 
Alumni

Bootcamp Graduate: YES (BC: June 2011 in Los Angeles)
Ronchi - The rapport built with these classmates definitely is unique. I wish I knew how to spark some interest in the rest of my social circle. Most of my local buddies act like mannequins at the club, thinking the women will line up. In LA, that's definitely not the case. A recent article suggested that the single men outnumber single women by 40,000 in this city!!!

WRITING YOUR OWN JOKES MADE EASY

LR #1 (penis puppet story)

THE JESTER'S BLOG

PostPosted: 14 Jun 2011, 18:56 
Bodhisattvas

Bootcamp Graduate: Yes - NYC Oct 07
Ron,

I'm really happy for you for having your first kiss ever with a non-Asian girl!

Excellent work this weekend, and I'm really proud of you for putting in so much dedication and effort. I look forward to seeing you continue to grow and learn and venture out on plenty of exciting romantic adventures.

-William

PostPosted: 14 Jun 2011, 22:05 
Alumni

Guile: Sorry man, i can't seem to figure out through your name. But im assuming its Ben right?! i hope so..or im just gonna look like an ass. LOL

Jester: Yea man, i totally understand how you feel regarding your friends. I come from a social circle where everyone is "cocky" in their own respects and feel the same way. I feel the best way to say this is "ignorance is bliss". I spoke with one of my close friends about my experience in bootcamp. He's glad that things went well for me, but when i told him that he should go and learn stuff, his response was simply that he didn't want to put in effort to get girls because: 1) he didn't like talking. and 2) because he doesn't think girls are worth the time to talk to and rather just hang out with his friends when he goes out. Granted, i love hanging out wit my boys. When i used to go out, i'd be happy just chilling wit my boys. However, the more i looked back at it now, the more i realize that i used that more as an excuse so i wouldn't be obliged to talk to girls, and at the end of the night if i didn't end up any, i can just say that we had fun chilling together. After the bootcamp, i feel like i have such a new viewpoint on life. I would love to help my group of friends be the best they can be, but this can only happen if they are willing. Keep in mind that i was skeptical going into bootcamp, but came out a changed man so friends who actually haven't had the bootcamp experience won't know whats going on. I know that i can not force my friends to do anything, but i can always lead by example and hopefully show them that there is more out there. However when they are ready and accepting to the fact that they do need help, then i'll be there to support them like everyone has been towards me.

Wiliam: Thanks for your help. I know i bombard you with questions all the time, and want to let you know i appreciate your advice greatly! I hope to see you out sometime soon. Let me know when your free!

Remember: Spread The Positivity!

PostPosted: 15 Jun 2011, 07:56 
Hungry Ghost

Hey RonChi, I'm totally up for going out with you guys on Friday night. And you'll have to tell me more about Sunday night - I'm so annoyed I missed it, but I was so well tired. It's great that it's all coming together in your mind, and inspiring that you've moved on to another level in life. I'm still getting it all myself, and have only done a couple of cold approaches since the camp. But the stuff we learned is helping me immensely with all of my warm contacts. I met a new flatmate last night and is was so easy to banter with her and have fun, rather than ask a series of boring questions which I would have done before!

Well see you all soon for real!

Page 1 of 2 [ 16 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next