It is currently 15 Dec 2017, 16:26

Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ] 
 Post subject: Bootcamp Review - Los Angeles, April 2012
PostPosted: 13 Apr 2012, 12:30 
Alumni

Bootcamp Graduate: April 2012, Los Angeles
I just finished my first bootcamp and wanted to post a little review. Cliff's notes version - I am nowhere near where I want to be, but I did improve a lot and learned a ton. Overall I'd rate the experience as very positive and recommend to anyone looking for a bootcamp, whether they are Asian or not.

A little about me prior to bootcamp- I had terrible AA and no in-field PU experience. I'd only seen PUA on VH1 and read some material on the internet, so I was pretty much starting from scratch. I decided I needed to make a change and started looking into LA bootcamps. Even though I'm caucasian, I decided to take an ABC bootcamp for the following reasons:
1) I liked the holistic approach, and didn't want a company that focused to heavily on routines.
2) If I'm paying 2K, I want a bootcamp that is taught by the founder or at least someone who is very well known, not just some guy who trained with a guy who met Mystery once.
3) I was always the small kid who sucked at sports and wasn't very popular, so even though some of the ABC material on body language and dominance is tailored to Asians, I figured it could apply to me as well.
4) I read a lot of reviews of ABC on independent sites, and they were all very positive.
5) 3 nights in-field (most bootcamps seem to have 2)

Day 1
There were 5 other students other than myself in the bootcamp. The instruction was lead by JT, and also Ben J and Sarah. The first day we cover the first stages of pickup - approaching, opening, and then conversing with the set in a fun way that increases BT. We also cover body language, fashion, and other aspects of "passive value". We learned the kino turn and did drills to practice. It was a lot of information to take in, and I wrote down as much as possible so I could review it later. We went out later that night to a couple downtown spots - first the Edison and then the Standard. My AA was high but I was approaching the sets that the instructors sent me in to. After a few sets my AA was not quite so high, but I was still having trouble keeping conversations going and staying in sets, so I knew what I needed to work on. Afterwards we debriefed and Ben agreed with me when I told him what I needed to work on.

Day 2
On day 2 of the bootcamp, we learned the next steps of pickup, which is basically building comfort, isolating, & dominating. We also learned some great stuff on BLP, which I understand is somewhat unique to ABCs material. We drilled on story telling and DHV spikes. We also learned about compliance testing and the two sub-types (general and sexual), when the go for the # close, as welll as when and how to go for a kiss close. The in-field portion was at a nice club in Hollywood called Drai's. The instructors arranged for us to book one of the outdoor cabanas, so we had a perfect place to isolate. Our goal was to bring sets back to the table, and isolate to kiss close. I started off slow but after a couple warm up sets I was doing better. I did isolate a few girls and # close, but did not get a kiss close. In hindsight I probably missed some opportunities, lesson learned. We didn't debrief that night because it was pretty late.

Day 3
We did the debrief first thing since we didn't get to the night before. After that we went into the final steps of PU - escalating, extracting, LMR and how to deal with it, and other logistical aspects of fclosing. We covered mixed sets, AMOGs, and other obstacles. Ben also gave us some tips on texting & dating. For the in-field portion we went back to the same hotel as the night before, only this time we were in the downstairs lounge instead of the rooftop club. It was an interesting crowd since apparently there were a few other bootcamps there as well. I still had AA, but it was not as bad as the first night. I was able to open sets and keep conversations going better than before. I was pretty exhausted from 3 night of going out, as I did not go out much prior to bootcamp. Afterwards we debriefed in the parking lot

Overall I learned a lot and it was pretty fun. I have a lot of work to do, but I feel I have a good understanding of the ABC formula and a foundation to build on. I would have liked to do some in-field day game, but I'm glad I got the 3 nights in field. I did buy the package afterwards that allows me to see the "text to sex" product, as well as infield footage of day game. Hopefully after I watch that I'll be able to go out and practice my own day game. I'm planning to go out again this weekend, and I'll post some field reports after that. All in all, I would not hesitate to recommend this bootcamp. Thank you JT, Ben & Sarah!

Post subject: Re: Bootcamp Review - Los Angeles, April 2012
PostPosted: 13 Apr 2012, 14:38 
Alumni

Bootcamp Graduate: Y LVMar2012
Great report, I wrote the Las Vegas review. I am looking forward to take another boot camp with ABC's.

As a student, I have been out sarging now going on 7 days, I have been vertically integrating my game

running game in the morning afternoon and evening. Make sure you keep up the momentum, talk to everyone

you meet. If you go into an establishment and it's just you and maybe a female employee, strike up a conversation

anyway. AA is best managed this way, when you are actively talking to everyone. Try to push yourself, try to take that

extra step. Best bet, if you have an i-phone of similar smart phone, record your interactions with women and others

that you meet. What I am also doing is video-taping myself at home practicing. I practice walking ( the walk of khan )

and I practice speaking and expressing myself, it all goes a long way to becoming a better dater.

-----Ladino

PostPosted: 20 Apr 2012, 16:00 
Warrior

Thanks for the great review! I'm glad you had such a positive experience! Keep up the good work!

PostPosted: 24 Apr 2012, 12:01 
Koi Fish

Is there a discount for the text to sex when you attend the bootcamp?

PostPosted: 24 Apr 2012, 13:02 
Warrior Scholar

Bootcamp Graduate: YES (BC: Chicago Jan 2011)
Hey Seth P,

Thanks for writing a review of the bootcamp. You're welcome to kick it with me anytime you're free. I'm out 4-6 nights a week. You've got my phone number.

Remember, I'm not just your dating coach, but a friend and wingman for life. Let me know what's up and we'll have an awesome time in LA! I am glad you took the bootcamp and all of us agree that you've taken some pretty big steps this bootcamp.

@therealbigpapa

There's some post-graduation discounts for Text 2 Sex, Practical Day Game, and I Did It My Way.

Best,
Ben J

Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ]