It is currently 10 Dec 2017, 22:33

Page 1 of 1 [ 7 posts ] 
 Post subject: August 2010 Los Angeles Bootcamp Review
PostPosted: 15 Aug 2010, 19:41 
Fury Apprentice

Bootcamp Graduate: YES (BC: Los Angeles, August 2010)
August 6th, 2010 LA Bootcamp Review:

Just to give you guys context, I'm in my 20s, short Asian guy (as tall as JT), still a virgin, recent college grad and started making big bucks at a sweet job. Despite this, I never had the courage to talk to women. Growing increasingly depressed because my only friend was my xbox, I decided I had to stop sulking around and do something about it. I had read The Game back in 2007, but still didn't know what to do. Finally, I decided to take the jump and enlist in a bootcamp. I have only taken this bootcamp, I have never used any other PUA products, services, or bootcamps before ABCs of Attraction so I cannot compare it to other companies.

This review is not a field report. I have written field reports for the bootcamp and you can find them in the FR section. And without further ado...

What I liked:

The Instructors: JT, Gareth and Sarah Ann

JT is your drill sergeant. Hesitate or disobey him and he’s going to put a boot up your ass. Do not disobey him, do everything he says. Even if it doesn’t seem logical or you are scared, just DO IT! I didn't do what he said a couple times because I was scared or felt awkward doing it. There’s a reason it’s called a bootcamp! If you don’t do what he says, he can’t evaluate you. Also think of him as your Simon Cowell. He will be brutally honest with you about everything during the debriefings, your looks, fashion, body language, limiting beliefs, dancing etc. This is the same for the other coaches. He can see your every move in the field and is often in the distance watching you, and signaling you to do stuff through hand motions and/or texts. JT is tough as nails, and he will not hesitate to tear you down, just so he can rebuild you.

Gareth is a verbal beast of repartee and storytelling.
He also has awesome text/phone game. He was constantly there for me, pushing me into sets, and evaluating everything I did. He also brought girls with him Night 2 and 3. They were total cuties and very friendly, so it helped me socially lubricate a bit. He said my hugest problem was that I could not relax, I wasn’t smiling and I looked like I was scared shitless. I remember he told me that I go into sets smiling big but as soon as the interaction begins, I lose the smile. I don’t even realize my smile is fading! This is why it’s such a good idea to have coaches watch and evaluate you, you never know what you’re doing wrong, because sometimes you are subconsciously doing it! Unless you have a coach watching your every move, you might not ever catch this!

Sarah Ann is the resident ABCs wingwoman!
While I wasn’t super nervous testing techniques on her, one of the other bootcamp recruits mentioned to me he was nervous in the seminar portion because of her hotness, haha. But Sarah is more than a pretty face. She's a great person, an awesome wingwoman, has a lot of insights, has high energy and brings an important female perspective to the table. She did however TOOL me out of a set once, haha. AFOG! Nonetheless, like the other coaches, she will be brutally honest with you during debriefings, giving you candid advice on yourself. But I also really appreciated her for helping me with my emotions during Night 2, when I was beating myself up for not kiss closing a girl who was clearly giving me strong sexual IOIs.

The ABCs material: I had been lurking the ABCs forums, website, blog, facebook fanpage for a while so I sort of knew a lot of the material they were teaching. However they gave more specific examples of how to apply the material during the seminar. The ABCs material is really easy to understand and not complicated at all. Creating your own stack is simple. Relying on a pre-written routine is good for beginners, that is until you can become more natural and go with the flow. The coaches will help you with your stack by providing openers and BT gambits. But they also encourage you to form your own openers, BT spikes and stories. Gareth in particular knows how to make good stories.

Instructor to Student Ratio: Except for the first night, the Instructor to Student Ratio was 1:1. Before one of the students bailed, it was 3:4 which is still damn good. Basically I was always with a coach, every night. This is not always the case as I know we could have easily had 6 students, making the ratio 1:2, which is still good in my opinion.

What I didn’t like:

The Handouts/Lecture:
While the information that was presented was very good, it was disorganized. I think it would go a long way if the organization of the handouts and the synchronization of the handouts with the lecture were better. The handbook seemed to be slapped together haphazardly. Some QA/QC in that area would make it more professional.

Night 2 and 3 Venues:
Night 2 we missed out on Playhouse because it all sold out, nothing we could do about that. Night 3 was a nice venue but not as many sets as I had hoped it to be. However there were plenty of hot women at both venues, making it good for getting over approach anxiety.

No AMOG practice: Night 3 was supposed to be AMOGing but it was more like an extended Night 2. While it wasn’t a big deal, I was looking forward to tooling the other bootcamp recruits, haha.

Was it worth it for me?

Yes. More than anything I needed someone to kick my ass to go approach and do things I’d never dream of doing. They will watch you, evaluate you, and shatter your misconceptions about socializing. After the bootcamp, I was so relieved to have survived it – but looking back, I don’t know why I even felt that way. It makes you realize that going out and talking to strange, beautiful women is possible. The ABCs structure resonated with my personality and isn’t necessarily reliant on canned lines or routines. The structure gives you the flexibility to work with what is congruent with you. For me, it wasn't about having as much gratuitous sex with as many women as possible, but more about giving me the ability to be a cool, confident guy, who doesn't hesitate to go after a woman he likes. I definitely think ABCs has provided me with the tools to do that.

Will it be worth it for you?

It depends. And I say this because of what I saw happen to my fellow bootcamp recruits.

Don’t take the bootcamp if you:

Can’t handle your Approach Anxiety:
I’m sad to say that one of the bootcamp recruits bailed before the second night because he couldn’t handle his AA. The first night I remember he was having trouble approaching. He also wasn’t comfortable telling a story in front of the coaches, during the workshop portion. You really need to get your approach anxiety, and anxiety in general manageable, otherwise that is all you’ll be working on the entire weekend. For me, I almost had debilitating AA, and some points were miserable for me, but in the end I decided it was more important to finish what I'd started. I didn't want to miss an oppurtunity to be evaluated by expert coaches in field.

Use alcohol as a crutch: One bootcamp recruit got himself hammered Night 2. I remember asking him how his sets went at the end of Night 2 and he told me he was just too drunk. He ended up having to pay an overnight fee to leave his car at the parking lot. You can’t apply the principles they teach you if you’re inebriated. Don’t get me wrong, if you want to have a drink or two to loosen up, then as long as it does not interfere with your ability to take orders and execute them as the coaches tell you, then you should be ok. But if you can’t handle talking to girls without needing to drink to the point of slurring your speech, stumbling around, then you’re not ready. I sipped/carried ONE drink each night of the bootcamp solely as a prop to cheers people with. I was sober the whole time.

Are looking for a magic bullet: This is not a cure all. You aren't going to suddenly transform from nerd to stud in one weekend. But it will change you, and for me, it gave me the momentum to carry forward. I don't believe in magic bullets in any part of life. This is no exception.

Take the bootcamp if you:

Want to have a paradigm shift: For me, I had a major paradigm shift during the bootcamp. I realized, that a lot of shy, awkward people just don’t know what is the socially acceptable way of expressing themselves. I was exactly that way. After the bootcamp, my preconceived notions about social interactions and myself had shattered.

Want someone to evaluate at you:
The coaches will give you great spot-on advice in field. You can fix it right away in field and see it really have an effect on yourself and the social interactions you have.

Would like someone to push you:
Sometime all it takes a little push to get started. Well JT and the coaches will give you a push, followed by a shove and then a kick in the ass. You will either have awesome interactions with girls or incredibly awkward ones, either way you'll be talking to girls and you will not be bored I can guarantee you that! For me, I needed that push to give me momentum. Since the bootcamp I've already gone out twice to test out my new skills. Also, you very rarely get the oppurtunity to have really cool people around in field who are actively supporting you, as a coach, as a wingman/woman and as a "homebase" - both physically and mentally.

Are ready to change: If you are open minded and willing to suspend disbelief for one weekend, you'll find it very enjoyable and enlightening. If you go into it being very cynical, you won't get anything out of it.

What should I do, if I take the bootcamp?

You should talk to ABCs support man Kevin Feng, who is also a cool guy. The number is on the website. But in short, I was advised to bring my AA down to manageable and to do the homework. It is vitally important that you do this. Bringing your AA down to zero means you won't have trouble opening sets, which means the coaches can watch you in set more, and give you more feedback. Doing the homework will save you a lot of time during the workshop section and is VITAL to C phase. There is a quote from Mystery, I don't know the exact wording but it goes something like, "The Game is played in comfort." Don't neglect the homework. Oh, also follow every order they give you, no matter how ridiculous. While in field, on two separate occasions, Gareth told me to tell a story about unicorns to a girl and JT told me to tell a story about submarines. Ridiculous right? Doesn't matter, just do it. I won't tell you what the point of doing that, but rest assured there is a good reason.

Also for me, I had been running on very little sleep, the entire bootcamp. The reasons are because I had long work hours the week before. My recommendation is that you get as much sleep as possible. The lack of sleep adversely affected my ability to manage my energy and mood which is very important.

Closing Comments:

All in all, the ABCs of Attraction is a legitimate company with great coaches, and great material. I'll admit, it took me a while to decide on doing this, usually I'm pretty cynical about PUA/dating companies but they are a legitimate company. They are also priced the most competitively amongst the pickup companies. They'll push you harder and harder than ever before, shatter your misconceptions about the social arena and will show you exactly what is need to improve yourself. I've already noticed some changes in myself. Just recently a friend of mine invited me to hang out with him and his girlfriend and without hesitation I requested that his girlfriend bring some of her friends. In the past I would've gotten super nervous/anxious if he had told me girls I didn't know where coming. Now, I can't wait to meet all sorts of new people, which includes of course, beautiful girls. Thanks JT, Gareth and Sarah!

Post subject: Re: August 2010 Los Angeles Bootcamp Review
PostPosted: 16 Aug 2010, 04:11 
Alumni

Bootcamp Graduate: YES (BC: May 09, New York City)
Props to you, what an amazing review and FRs! With this thorough analysis you will get good at game in no time.

If you can get through Beginner's hell, I am 100% sure that you will do really good soon! :-D

PostPosted: 17 Aug 2010, 22:18 
Warrior

Rockefeller,

First of all- thank you for your very open and honest review! We like to hear how we did, the good and the bad, so we may better serve you and our future clients.

Secondly-I'm sorry I tooled you out of the set. It was completely by accident and that's all I will say about that :)

I just want to comment on a few items in the review. For those of you reading this that have a high level of AA-this doesn't mean you should never take a bootcamp. We've had students with debilitating AA, visibly shaking when they are around girls, stuttering, sweating, the whole nine yards-but there is help! This is the first time I've ever seen a student quit the bootcamp since I've been going along and think his AA was only part of it. The ABCs can help overcome AA. Many times AA is a result of poor inner game, but it also comes from lack of social experience. When you have a good support group to go out with and new set of social skills, this can bring your AA to a more manageable level. By the way, it's ok to be scared a nervous. Those feelings may come and go as you continue on in your journey. You, however, now have the tools to manage these feelings in a healthy way!

Overall I'm glad your review had more positives than negatives. I hope you will keep up with your own homework and personal goals. Don't forget that the ABCs is still here for you. Write some field reports and let us know what's going on!

<3 Sarah Ann

PostPosted: 18 Aug 2010, 18:13 
Fury Apprentice

Thank you picks and Sarah Ann.

Sarah, I just wanted to clarify that I am not angry or resentful that you blew me out. I know it was a mistake, and I was laughing too! Your timing couldn't have been more perfect. :lol:

Also, I'd like to add that I still enjoyed the bootcamp despite what my Asian poker face may have conveyed. I will continue to update everyone of my progress with continual field reports.

PostPosted: 29 Aug 2010, 18:33 
Bodhisattvas

This is one of the best reviews I've ever read of ANY program, it is both super honest and VERY insightful.

One of the things I like about this review is how many truisms you tell (to the point where I abandoned the idea of quoting you in the response). The thoughts about drinking and growing as a person are spot-on and very important, as well.

Unfortunately, it was tough to have a student that couldn't finish the program along with a rough Sunday night (LA is like that sometimes), but those are the things that happen. Sometimes, you just can't help people that don't want to help themselves and you pointed that out very clearly in this review which is another thing I really respected.

Btw, Paige (the girl from Sunday) actually mentioned you Friday night when we went out. She wanted to know if I had heard from you because she thought you were very sincere and used the program very wisely. Ironically enough, this review reflects just that!

Women are so smart! ;)

Good luck and thanks again for the kind words!

-G

Voted Best New Pick Up Artist in the World of 2010, I am here to teach, listen, and learn as much as possible. I am often your coach on bootcamps with Asian Playboy and head instructor on my own bootcamps both nationally and internationally!

Click http://www.abcsofattraction.com/signup.php for a list of the ABCs of Attraction bootcamps coming up or click http://www.texttosex.com/ for our amazing new Text To Sex program because everything you know about phone, text and internet seduction is WRONG!

PostPosted: 08 Sep 2010, 16:55 
Fury Apprentice

Hey Gareth!

Thanks again for everything, and that's really cool that Paige remembered me in that way. She's a total cutie! :)

Oh and I just wanted to apologize again for being such a douche on Night 3 when I shooed you away after that girl left, LOL, I was totally in a trance.

PostPosted: 13 Sep 2010, 15:53 
Bodhisattvas

Rockefeller wrote:
Hey Gareth!

Thanks again for everything, and that's really cool that Paige remembered me in that way. She's a total cutie! :)

Oh and I just wanted to apologize again for being such a douche on Night 3 when I shooed you away after that girl left, LOL, I was totally in a trance.

Haha, no worries man. I know allll about this stuff. Unfortunately, now you know that hanging out with your friends does not make you look unapproachable, but sitting by yourself when you're out with all your friends, does!

Voted Best New Pick Up Artist in the World of 2010, I am here to teach, listen, and learn as much as possible. I am often your coach on bootcamps with Asian Playboy and head instructor on my own bootcamps both nationally and internationally!

Click http://www.abcsofattraction.com/signup.php for a list of the ABCs of Attraction bootcamps coming up or click http://www.texttosex.com/ for our amazing new Text To Sex program because everything you know about phone, text and internet seduction is WRONG!

Page 1 of 1 [ 7 posts ]