In order to be girl-relevant and also emotionally relevant, you need to do this to your stories:
- Describe how you feel about what happened. (I was happy, sad, excited, scared, unsure, etc.). Then, describe why you felt that way. The more personal your descriptions are, the easier it is for the girl to connect with you, and the easier it will be for you to connect with her.
- Fill up the details of the story with things that girls will care about. Some examples of things that girls care about are romance, dating, shopping, fashion, shoes, clothes, jealousy, drama, desserts, extravagant things, cute things (puppies, baby kittens, furry stuffed animals), etc.
These are things you need to omit from your stories:
- Any kind of numeral, quantitative description, metric, or any measurement of any kind that has a number associated with it. Instead, use an emotion to describe the quantity. Examples: It felt like I waited for a whole lifetime. It felt like we enjoyed each other's company for eternity, even though it was only a moment. I felt like we could watch the sunset together forever.
- Any quantitative measure that would appear on a printed label (inch, foot, yard, mile, millimeter, meter, kilometer, milligram, gram, kilogram, milliliter, liter, celcius, farenheight, seconds, minutes, hours, days, weeks, months, years, etc.) Instead, use measurements that are based on feelings such as: a lot, almost forever, just a moment, a moment that I cherished, a generous amount, very generous, as vast as you could imagine, as far as you could see, like a vast landscape, etc.
- Any logical description such as "first we did this, then we did that, and then we did that," or "this happened, then that happened, then another thing happened. Instead, Describe the emotions that occurred at each step, and remove language that implies there is an order and sequence to the events. Just describe the raw emotions and describe the emotions and the events that unfold in a way that implies what the sequence is, without actually explicitly indicating a sequence.
Formerly known as Man Cannon:
Visit my blog:
www.BetterAsianMan.WordPress.com: A lifestyle blog & podcast for Asian American men.