Hey guys, I’m getting ready to embark on the hardest journey of my life. Hardest than pick up, harder than anything I’ve ever had to do.
Ten days of Silence. Tens days of shutting off my monkey brain. Ten days of no sex, for being a better man for the rest of my life.
It’s called a Meditation Retreat. Where for ten days, I learn how to stop thinking, and just be. Honestly, this is my biggest weakness and biggest strength in life at the same time. I think too damn much. It would be easier for me to be dropped off in the middle of the ghetto wearing nothing but “I hate negros” t-shirt or even in the middle of the jungle like on Lost than it will be for me to not talk, and not think for ten days. Ten days of vegetarian food, nothing to eat after noon or at night, a wooden pillow, no reading, writing, talking or even thinking. Oh my Buddha this is going to be difficult.
But I know this is something that I need. This is something that if I can make it through, will change my life for the rest of my life. So see you guys in twelve days, and wish me good luck.
Here’s the website and info if you’re curious or interested: http://www.suanmokkh-idh.orgDAILY SCHEDULE
04.00AM *** Wake up ***Monastery bell
04.30 Morning Reading
04.45 Sitting meditation
05.15 Yoga / Exercise
07.00 *** Dhamma talk & Sitting meditation
08.00 Breakfast & Chores
10.00 *** Dhamma talk
11.00 Walking or standing meditation
11.45 *** Sitting meditation
12.30 Lunch & chores
14.30 *** Meditation instruction & Sitting meditation
15.30 Walking or standing meditation
16.15 *** Sitting meditation
17.00 *** Chanting & Loving Kindness meditation
18.00 Tea & hot springs
19.30 *** Sitting meditation
20.00 Group walking meditation
20.30 *** Sitting meditation
21.00 *** Bedtime
(the gates will be closed at 21.15)
21.30 *** LIGHTS OUTRULES:
• Keep complete silence throughout the retreat
• Stay within the boundaries of the retreat center;
• Keep the Eight Precepts, which are:
1. intend not to take away any breath (abstain from killing)
2. intend not to take away what is not given (abstain from stealing)
3. intend to keep one’s mind and one’s body free from any sexual activity
4. intend not to harm others by speech
5. intend not to harm one’s consciousness with substances that intoxicate and lead to carelessness (no alcohol, no drugs, no smoking etc)
6. intend not to eat between after noon and before dawn
7. intend not to dance, sing, play or listen to music, watch shows, wear
garlands, ornaments and beautify oneself with perfumes and cosmetics
8. intend not to sleep or sit on luxurious beds and seats.
This is the moral code for those who seek normalcy plus lightness and simplicity in living.