Strict Standards: Non-static method utf_normalizer::nfc() should not be called statically in /home/abcs/public_html/community/includes/utf/utf_tools.php on line 1781
How to Learn (Anything) Quickly and Efficiently | The ABCs of Attraction

It is currently 02 Sep 2014, 21:35

Page 1 of 1 [ 7 posts ] 
 Post subject: How to Learn (Anything) Quickly and Efficiently
PostPosted: 10 Jul 2011, 08:33 
Warrior Scholar

Bootcamp Graduate: YES (BC: Chicago Jan 2011)
For a long time, people have been telling me, "Dude, how the hell do you learn so fast?"

I've been pondering this question. My time in the seduction community has only been a little more than a year and already I have been helping JT with ABC's here and there. I have an innate ability to learn quickly, and I want to share how I pick up new ideas quickly and effectively. I've been keeping track of what I do and how I do it and after learning how to SCUBA dive very quickly and doing dives past my certification level with my instructor, I finally understand what I naturally do in order to learn fast. Things I have used these with are:

Music Composition
Pick Up
Hypnosis
Scuba Diving
Skydiving
Shallow Water diving
Competitive Swimming
Dancing
Alexander Technique
Playing Drum set, Marimba, Vibraphone, Multi-Perc, Piano, Singing, ect.
Competitive Professional Marching (Music)
Diet/Nutrition/Exercise
Foreign Languages (Thai mostly)
Cooking
Photography
Sound Engineering

1 - WANT TO/ENJOY IT
If I want to learn whatever it is, I learn it easier than something I DON'T want to learn. This is why I barely passed AP Calculus in High School and earned stripes and stars in Musical Composition with Advanced Harmonies and Chord Structures in college. I DON'T WANT to learn Calculus. I DO WANT to learn how to write music effectively. If you want to learn something fast, it's got to be something you WANT to learn. If you don't want to learn it, it will be like force feeding yourself the food you hate the most. It will be a grind, unenjoyable, and you'll most likely give up early. ENJOY the learning process. ENJOY your FAILURES and SUCCESS will come.

2 - SMALL CHUNKS

In psychology, people who use a technique called "chunking" were able to remember sets of numbers in short term memory better than trying to memorize them as a whole. For example, instead of remembering the entire string of 18159784661, chunk it to 1815 978 4661. Look familiar? This is exactly the process we use to memorize our own phone numbers. The same applies to anything else. Instead of going out and practicing ABCDEF, go out and practice just B, or just C. I've seen guys at the local Chicago lair go out complete newbies and attempt to get a one night stand. Their heads are so convoluted with LMR techs and how to extract before they even think of their opener. It doesn't just apply to pick up. I used this with Alexander Technique - this week, lengthen the spine, next week, broaden shoulders, next week knees relaxed. Small and easy to digest chunks prevents information diarrhea.

3 - DON'T QUESTION, JUST DO IT
When I was learning how to scuba, the instructor I had was very skilled. If you want to learn something, you need to be humble. Stop and LISTEN. I can learn so much from every person I meet because they know at least one thing I do not know. When my scuba instructor said take off the mask and breathe from the tank underwater, I didn't question it. I just did it. Don't be a know-it-all, it's just going to make everyone hate you. My scuba instructor told me that the most frustrating part of his work is when students blatantly do not do what he tells them to do. When students are trying to clear water out of their masks, they end up inhaling water because they questioned the instructor's logic, even after live demonstration. 80% of the time, it's fear factor causing the questioning. My response to this? Harden the Fuck up. Risks are less scary after you take them. It is only after we do what we fear the most do we gain the courage we seek.

4 - ATTITUDE
If there's anything that affects everything, it's attitude. This does back to #1, Enjoy it. If your attitude is bad towards anything, the results yielded from the endeavor will be shit. Attitude is a little thing, that makes a HUGE difference. My hypnosis instructor told me that I have a great attitude towards hypnosis. My thought process during my hypnotic training was "Dude, I'm learning hypnosis, this is so awesome! I can learn to control the thoughts in my life, put myself into hypnosis, put girlfriends into hypnosis, and be able to control the power of my mind!!!!" In conjunction with the other 3 tips mentioned here, this is the extra amplifier in the car stereo system. You want fast results? My hypnosis instructor once said, "change your thoughts, change your attitude, change your world."

5 - FOLLOW INSTRUCTIONS TO THE WORD
A girl I was talking to today said, "I hate it when my boyfriend doesn't do what I ask him to do. I asked him to get me a pen. He brings me a pencil. I ask for paper, he gives me a bag of potato chips." My philosophy is, "LEAVE NO DOUBT." If that article says you need to fill out 250 field report to be an instructor, fill out 250 field reports. If someone says your hair sucks and your passive value is low, get a haircut and learn some fashion sense. It's always good to keep some lee-way with this, but LEAVE NO DOUBT. If that book says to take these supplements at this time to lose body fat, follow it. Would your prescription drug say "take 2 pills before bed," for no reason? Of course not. Follow instructions to the word, and don't leave any doubt.

6 - REFLECTION AND EVALUATION
We forget to do this and I'm guilty as well, but not so much anymore after seeing how important it is! Ever hear yourself say, "I'm too tired to write that field report," or "I don't want to think about that now," or "That sucked, Never again." You're giving up on valuable reflection and evaluation time. Whenever I finish something, whether it is a night sarging, or end of the day, I lie in my bed and think, "How am I better than I was yesterday?" I like to relive my day a little bit, just to reflect on what happened that day. What did I do well? What about not so well? There's always room for improvement. Sometimes, reflection feels awesome. When I fall asleep tonight, I'll be thinking of how well I controlled my buoyancy when scuba diving, but how I need to keep kicking my fins. Other nights I'm reflecting on why my indirect opener didn't work, or what went wrong in said set. Personally, I reflect 2 times on something, one right after because the experience is fresh and will be further imprinted in my memory, and at the end of the day before falling asleep as I throw my own body into hypnosis and deep reflection. If you do this, you'll have a much better sense of pinpointing problems and fixing them on the fly. You will be more aware of shortcomings and even more aware of strengths.

If anyone has any questions, please reply to this thread. I am typically a fast learner, and these have been what I've done to accelerate my learning curve. I want to help my ABC's bros out there, as I know you all want to pick up hot girls just as much as I do!

Post subject: Re: How to Learn (Anything) Quickly and Efficiently
PostPosted: 11 Jul 2011, 14:44 
Alumni

Bootcamp Graduate: YES (BC: June 2011 in Los Angeles)
This thread poses a very interesting question that students of all subjects can benefit from answering: What is your learning style?

I posted a few links below that explain different learning styles. I also posted the Wiki link for "Teaching Method". By reading how people learn differently, how teachers teach and experimenting with each method while studying the curriculum of ABCoA, you'll maximize the efficiency at which you retain information.

Good post Guile.

-------
http://www.ldpride.net/learningstyles.MI.htm#Learning%20Styles%20Explained
http://www.ndt-ed.org/TeachingResources/ClassroomTips/Learning_Styles.htm
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Teaching_method

WRITING YOUR OWN JOKES MADE EASY

LR #1 (penis puppet story)

THE JESTER'S BLOG

PostPosted: 11 Jul 2011, 16:02 
Hungry Ghost

Thanks for positing this ,

When you enter into this journey, you not only get better with woman but you also better yourself. For me personally, this journey is more than just about woman , it's about being the best man I can be while learning from others along the same level or greater level as I am. Congrats on learning all these skills in a short period of time, it really proves that you want to better yourself ,I can't wait to read your future posts since I can tell you are one of the handful of guys that will be successful.

All the best to you,

PostPosted: 23 Jul 2011, 00:57 
Warrior Scholar

Bootcamp Graduate: YES (BC: San Francisco, CA July 2010)
Very cool post, Guile. People have often asked me how I learn things so fast too. I never really gave it much thought but after reading this post, I realize that every time I learn something I really want to be good at, I do, in fact, do all six of these things.

SF Day Game Workshop - http://sanfrandating.eventbrite.com/
Add me on Facebook - https://www.facebook.com/mikesmooth.abcs

“Only those who will risk going too far can possibly find out how far one can go.” --T.S. Eliot

PostPosted: 23 Jul 2011, 01:07 
Alumni

Bootcamp Graduate: YES (BC: June 2011 in Los Angeles)
I found this link today while doing some practicing for my show: http://www.productivity501.com/how-to-memorize-verbatim-text/294/

Basically, it says if you practice memorizing a certain type of information, the synapses in your brain will strengthen like muscles do at the gym.

So, let's say you want to memorize canned openers better.

With the aforementioned article in mind, you would then not only practice openers, but also practice memorizing text of similar length. Here are examples:
1. Bible verses
2. Movie quotes
3. Song lyrics
4. Famous quotes
5. Newspaper headlines
6. Jokes
7. Poems
8. Riddles

It's already paying dividends for me in multiple ways since memorizing text is part of comedy.

WRITING YOUR OWN JOKES MADE EASY

LR #1 (penis puppet story)

THE JESTER'S BLOG

PostPosted: 28 Jul 2011, 19:12 
Warrior Scholar

Bootcamp Graduate: YES (BC: Chicago Jan 2011)
KABOOM!

Never thought I'd see so many responses to my little article. Thanks for everyone's input! Here's my replies

@manoftheyear and @MikeSmooth

Thank you both, I do enjoy learning. Like Gareth says, RULE 1 - HAVE FUN! RULE 2 - ENJOY THE PROCESS!

@The_Jester

I agree with you completely with learning styles. Some learn through writing, others learn through listening, and a ton of people (like myself) learn through hands on doing.

There's something called Myelin, a fiber wrapped around nerves and synapses in the brain that allows the circuit to fire faster, more efficiently and effectively. If you want to read more, read "The Talent Code, by Daniel Coyle. This explains a ton of the inner brain mumbo jumbo us analytical types LOVE to talk about!

Also if you want to check out more, Google Gardner's Theory of Multiple Intelligences. I studied this in undergrad while pursuing my Music Education degree. It's really cool stuff. Although a theory, it is super cool and has a ton of great information.

And if you want to be on your A-Game at all times, go find a hypnotist near you, or go get hypnotherapy. it will blow your mind...

I may expand this article later on. More to come soon gentlemen...

BenJ

PostPosted: 31 Jul 2011, 01:30 
Alumni

Bootcamp Graduate: YES (BC: Los Angeles, June 09)
Hey Ben, your pursuit of excellence inspires me so much when I've been so down lately. This makes me reflect a lot on myself. I never do good on anything in life. I have zeal to learn many things but don't have passion to stick to any of them (luckily I did finish college). It's always like some obstacles happened and I stop. e.g. I learned playing the violin in college before, actually got over the first suzuki book and to the point that I could begin to make my fingers to move on that tiny fingerboard smoothly while reading staff, and then I stop because I transferred to another college and couldn't find a teacher there easily . I tried to return to it after a couple of years. I almost lost all reflex on my hands.

This hurts hugely on my game too, where I practice it on and off or whenever I feel like doing it. Actually the best improvement I made out of those years was from doing my 30 days challenge. I sticked to it even though there's some time lapse. This is my biggest sticking point. But I'm back to the forum now, most importantly, back to work on my game and myself!

Check out my my bootcamp review: reviews-testimonials-f42/la-bootcamp-reflection-jun-09-t3294.html

and my 30 day challenge: 30-day-challengers-club-f58/kyle-s-beginner-s-hell-30-day-challenge-t4991.html

If life is easy, there's nothing to remember when you get old. Only there's bitterness for sweetness, tear as well as smile!

Page 1 of 1 [ 7 posts ]